Couple things....


There are a few blog "projects" that are coming soon. I am still desperately trying to figure out how to post pictures of our new house on here. that is project number one.

Project number two is to blog my weight loss. For those of you that were not aware or haven't seen me in a while, I lost about 20 pounds last fall. (being on your own and the lack of money for food does wonders) I got married last december, and the weight has slowly crept back, plus more. the last time I weighed myself, I was suddenly 150 pounds- 10 pounds heavier than I have EVER been. Being 5'3", my BMI all of a sudden skyrocketed, and I am officially "overweight". coming from a family that has a strong history of being overweight and obese, I saw the torment it has caused them, and avoided it like the plague. This is also the reason why this weight gain has been so traumatic for me. most people haven't noticed, but that is just cause i carry it really well. According to weight loss research, a Small framed, 5 foot tall woman should weigh about 100 pounds and still be healthy. If a woman Is taller than 5 foot, she should add 5 pound per inch . so Ideally, a healthy weight for me would be 110-115 lbs which is what I weighed when john and i got married. my goal is to get smaller than that. My goal weight is to be 10 to 20 pounds lighter than my husband who weighs about 128 on a good day. so when I weigh about 105-108 is when I will feel satisfied.

My mom bought me some smaller pants that i am going to hang in my closet as a tangible goal. I will be updating about every three weeks on my progress. I really hope that some stranger looking for hope runs across my blog and gets inspired. I have my aunt, mom, and sister to thank for the inspiration. They all have struggled with their weight for most of their lives, and are making a constant effort to be better and get healthy. My mom is working out every morning with a personal trainer, and I am so proud of her. My aunt Cherie has lost and gained weight more times than anyone else I know. this time has worked WONDERS. she has been working out every day and eating small portions, and has lost a monumental amount of weight. She just had a tummy tuck done- which is really exciting. she totally deserves it. My sister kara has been jogging/running, and losing weight the healthy way. I am so proud of all of them, and hearing the satisfaction in their voices when they speak, makes my feat seem that much more attainable.

Now to the cool part. I have already lost three inches! 1 inch in the bust and 2 in my waist.
I am not exactly sure how much i weigh, but my shirts are much looser on my body! my boobs are always the first to go! ha ha ha. I will try to get some "before" pictures up.
As to my weight loss plan- I will let you know when I figure it out. I am starting on the foundation of cutting out my sugar intake (I might be allergic to it anyway) an also serious portion control. (being poor helps too) I also am trying to drink tons more water, and I will be running up an down my stairs for starters. Just a little bit at a time. I will be 105 pounds by January 1st, 2010!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed 2016

Floridaversary!

Harder better faster stronger: Maisie's birth story