what's new, pussycat?

whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.....


anyway...... sorry bout' that.
let's see. john and I finally got our blasted stimulus money- 6 months late.


that was a real treat. it's nice not to be desperately poor anymore.

we got a dog for my birthday.


I love this dog! Dalton is a human trapped in a dog's  body. A needy child to be exact. He's a beagle around 8 years old. the first 2 weeks were rough trying to adapt to him, and him to us. john got pretty frustrated and wanted to take him back, but I looked up at him with tears in my eyes and said "you're nOT taking MY dog!" things are doing MUCH better now. We love him SO much. he's perfect for our family.

I started taking a drawing class this semester, and my first portfolio got an A! woo hoo!



One point perspective. Graphite pencil on drawing paper.



2 point perspective. graphite pencil on drawing paper.



  multi-point perspective still life. graphite pencil on drawing paper.



Sighting and surface mapping still life. Graphite and charcoal pencils on drawing paper.

the still life I referenced




not too shabby, eh?

contour drawings in my sketchbook




spray bottle




one of my shoes




sorry- you are going to have to tilt your head sideways to see these next ones.
this is one of our lamps.




dalton's chew toy that he never plays with.....




my first piece working with charcoal using sighting and triangulation techniques.




value and tone- charcoal and conte' crayon on drawing paper




i'm not exactly sure how this ended up being upside down, but you can tell it's a tree, right?
I was getting a feel for the charcoal on my own in my sketchbook- at first it looked like broccoli, and then progressed to pubic hair, but i think I like the way it turned out.

one more thing:

 my mental health treatment has been completed. my counselor closed my file on friday:)
I cried like a baby.

Comments

  1. great art work Tessa! And, congrats on your 'new life' and your treatment being complete! It never really is complete though...I have to do self therapy and self talk all the time. You just have learned more tools to understand and cope now! It's a huge step though, so I understand the tears. Even though you don't have a 'counselor' anymore, you do have many friends, family and a Savior that loves you and are there to counsel with you and be there for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed 2016

Floridaversary!

Harder better faster stronger: Maisie's birth story