Flourish

I have come to the realization that spring is my favorite time of year. Things of great value in my life are commonly associated with the springtime.

The first, being the newness of all things. Flowers poke through the ground, and new leaves appear on the trees. Birds build their nests, and the world seems to flourish in front of my eyes.

Second, General Conference. I have not always been a conference person. Matter of fact, when I was a kid I dreaded it. Conference meant we had to sit still through 2 hours of old men talking about Jesus in mono-tone voices. BORING. I would have loved to stay home and be confined to my bedroom, instead.
As I got older, I started getting excited about it, and looking forward to it.  Now, conference means something totally different. I feel my spirit slowly dwindling, and when I think I can't take it anymore, lo and behold, conference is just around the corner. It's always perfect timing.

Third, Easter. Easter has been on my list of favorite "holidays" since I can remember. Even though I love Christmas, I never wanted to say it was my favorite- cause that is everyone's favorite holiday. Most holidays lost the little meaning it had once my sister died. Easter has been constant. Easter is a reminder of the love I have for my Savior, and the love he has for me. Attending the Easter pageant in Mesa, AZ is a tradition I want to keep in my family for as long as possible.

The church was organized in the springtime, as well as the Relief Society. Spring break is also a pretty rad time, too. Springtime just rocks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed 2016

Harder better faster stronger: Maisie's birth story

My mother