Eating Machine and a breakfast recipe

I cannot seem to stop eating at this stage in pregnancy. I'm just grateful I've avoided the 20 week kidney infection.

I like to make casseroles for breakfast lately. They are quick and are a fantastic way to incorporate fruit and veggies from the moment you wake up.

This morning I modified a recipe I found on Pinterest. It's a baked oatmeal casserole, and I turned it sugar and dairy free. Here is the base recipe :

Dry ingredients:
2 C oats
1/3 C coconut sugar ( or your fave sugar alt.)
1 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon

Wet ingredients :
1 egg
2 C coconut milk ( or your fave milk alt.)
3 T melted earth balance soy free spread ( you can also use coconut oil, but it solidifies the second it touches that cold milk and it defeats the purpose of melting it beforehand.
1t fave extract ( almond and vanilla are great, coconut would be yummy too)

Add in's:
You can put whatever you want in this casserole. Fresh or frozen fruit, nuts, dried fruit, sweet potato, or even peanut butter chips if you're feelin' sassy. Dude, you could even do a carrot cake -type casserole with grated carrots and ginger and stuff- that will be my next experiment.

Sprinkle dry mix into a greased 8x8 glass pan. Pour wet ingredients on top. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.

Serve with pure maple syrup

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed 2016

Floridaversary!

Harder better faster stronger: Maisie's birth story