All things testify of Christ

I've been spending a lot of time at home lately. a 4 week old baby has me stuck to the couch. As much as I hate to admit it, i watch a lot of netflix. We don't have cable, and we don't really watch regular tv. I normally don't follow any TV series unless I'm mega bored. I have the tendency to get hooked on a series if it's really good, and i'l watch an entire season in an entire day. It happened with grey's anatomy, the vampire diaries, how i met your mother, and.... i can't remember what others I've watched in it's entirety. This weekend My children and I were sick. Pax had a fever and i had a runny nose & sore throat, and the baby had been a little congested.  I got pretty sick of watching Phineas & ferb (paxton's new fave) and decided to start a new interest in a tv series. I tried pretty little liars for a few episodes, but eventually lost interest. I started New girl- which was really funny, but I also lost interest. Then i noticed the series called Once Upon a Time, and remembered my in-law's watching the season premier and watching the re-cap of the first season. So i hit play. I got hooked from the start- and i hooked john into it, too.

the story and plot of the show is so unique and insightful, and gives a more reality-based account of what might have happened in the lives of different storybook characters. there have been several things that I have enjoyed while watching this show. It all comes down to the plethora of gospel principles that are taught during each episode. Free agency, accountability, divine nature (knowing who we are) the atonement, repentance and forgiveness, honesty, the triumph of good over evil, and true, unconditional love- over and over again. This was the first series I've ever seen that had no sex in it. There was only true love. Such a refreshing and interesting concept compared to other tv shows when a couple will engage in sexual activity way before they even decide they love the person they are engaging with.

it sounds really cheesy, but i feel so edified, and i feel closer to my Father in Heaven after watching this series. I feel inspired and motivated to align my life with the truths of the gospel- and to even liken my life to the stories told in the show.

So i truly have a testimony that ALL things testify of Christ- and it's my goal and prayer that I will get to know Him better so i can continue to see His hand in more aspects of my daily life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed 2016

Floridaversary!

pregnant ramblings.